This So Good Waldorf Salad is my mothers recipe. Growing up Waldorf Salad was a must have for our family on holidays. Apples, grapes, celery, nuts and miracle whip make for a creamy delicious salad.
Waldorf salad is a mixture of apples, grapes, nuts, celery and mayo or Miracle Whip
Its name came from being a famous salad served at the famous hotel in NY City.
I used a combination of granny smith and fuji. I love the tart taste of granny smith apple.
If you put lemon juice on the apples to keep them from browning, it will last 2-3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What to Serve With Waldorf Salad :
How to Make This Salad :
Ingredients Needed :
- Apples ( I used granny smith and fuji)
- Grapes ( I used seedless green and red)
- Miracle Whip ( mayo if you prefer)
Gather the ingredients for the salad.
Next, chop apples, grapes, celery and nuts . (peel and core apples)
Put all chopped ingredients in bowl and mix well. ( I left peels on a few pieces of apple for color.)
Next stir in the Miracle Whip or mayonnaise.
Salad is ready to serve.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy :
So Good Waldorf Salad
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- Cutting Board , Knife
- 4-5 medium Peeled and Chopped Apples of Choice I peeled half and left some skin for color
- 1 cup Green Seedless Grapes chopped
- ½ cup Red Seedless Grapes chopped
- 3-4 stalks Celery chopped small
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts or nuts of choice
- ¾ cup Miracle Whip Mayo or Yogurt can be used. - More or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Wash, dry and chop apples, grapes, celery and walnuts
- Put lemon juice on apples to keep them from browning
- Mix together in a medium size mixing bowl-
- Stir in Miracle Whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve