Cake Mix Waffles with Strawberries are so easy to make and so delicious. These waffles were made with a devil's food cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. They are topped with a strawberry topping made from fresh strawberries and topped with homemade whipped cream.
Waffles are another great option for breakfast. I like to rotate these Cake Mix Waffles with strawberries along with Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast, or Fresh Blueberry Pancakes From Scratch. I also like to keep Orange Chocolate Chip Breakfast Muffins and Easy to Make Caramel Pecan Rolls in the freezer to thaw for a quick breakfast.
Yes, I used Devil's Food because I thought it was a great combo with the strawberries. However, use whatever flavor you have.
Sure, fresh is always my first choice but frozen will also work.
Let the Waffles cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. In the freezer for up to 2 months.
How to Make Cake Mix Waffles and Strawberries :
- Devil's Food Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Strawberries
- Lemon Juice
Gather Ingredients for Cake Mix Waffles.
Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, and water in a large mixing bowl.
Next, scoop waffle batter onto preheated, greased waffle iron.
Allow Waffle to cook for 3-4 minutes until completely cooked through.
Ingredients for Strawberry Topping
Cutting the strawberries for strawberry sauce.
Cooking the strawberries with sugar, lemon juice, and water.
Waffles with Strawberry Sauce
Cake Mix Waffles with Strawberries and Whipped Cream.
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
Cake Mix Waffle with Strawberries
- Waffle Iron
- Sauce Pan
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Strawberries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Water
- Pre-Heat Waffle Iron
- Spray well with Pam or food release.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cake mix, eggs, oil, and water
- Scoop the batter and fill hot waffle iron, avoid overfilling.
- Close lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. The Waffle will be steaming - open the lid and remove the waffle. Set aside and repeat the process.
- Slice strawberries
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring to boil, stirring continuously. Reduce heat and allow to thicken, stirring occasionally