This Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese will be your family’s favorite comfort food. Delicious homemade mac and cheese made easy in the Instant Pot! You can have creamy, delicious, homemade mac and cheese for lunch or dinner in about 10 minutes!
I have still been experimenting with my Instant Pot, a lot of trial and error. I’m learning how versatile it is though.
When I have recipes that come out well like Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs Instant Pot /Grill, INSTANT POT MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST or INSTANT POT CHILI I like to share them. It is my hope to save you some time when you go to make dinner for your family.
My favorite macaroni and cheese is my mother’s recipe which she makes with white sharp cheese, green peppers and onions and she bakes it. I think most everyone loves their mommas cooking. I have always strived to be as good of a cook as my mother. That will never happen. However, I think there are at least a few dishes that my children love that I make. Mac and Cheese was never one of those things that I cooked well. Usually, it was mac and cheese out of a box or from Costco at our house haha.
My Instant Pot and this recipe may be a game-changer. You can now make homemade mac and cheese with just a few ingredients you probably have on hand and 10-15 minutes. It is now so quick and easy that you can whip it up on a weeknight or for a quick lunch.
What Do I Need To Make Extra Creamy Mac and Cheese?
To make this Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese you will need the following ingredients:
- Macaroni Pasta of Choice (I used elbows )
- Chicken Broth (water can be subbed if you so choose )
- Ground Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Evaporated Milk
- Shredded Sharp Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese ( or cheese of choice)
- Black Pepper
Can I use a different kind of pasta ?- Absolutely – may need to adjust cook time if its a pasta that takes a little longer
Can I use different cheese? Of course, you can use whatever your favorite cheese is. I actually added some pepper jack to mine.
Could I add meat or vegetables? – Sure throw in some Bacon or Hot Dogs and you have an all in one dinner.
Ingredients for mac and cheese
In Process with Butter and Pepper
Next Milk and Cheese are added
Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 1 lb Box Macaroni Pasta I used elbows
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth Water can be used
- 4 Tbsp Butter I use salted
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 5 oz Can Evaporated Milk
- 4 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- parsley for garnish optional
- Add macaroni, broth, butter, pepper, mustard, and garlic powder to Instant pot Insert
- Close and Lock Lid - Pressure Cook for 5 Minutes on High - Quick Release
- Add Evaporated Milk and Half of The Cheese- Stir Vigorously Until Well Blended - Add Remaining Cheese and Any Add-Ins.(Meat or Veggies) Garnish With Parsley and Serve Immediately.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days
If you are not on our email list, please leave your email at top of page
Follow us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/WeDishItUp/
Follow Us on Pinterest @https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/
And Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/wedishitup/