These Low Carb Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies are soft and moist on the inside, and crispy around the edges. Snickerdoodles are my hubby’s favorite so I had to find a low carb version. This one is a great one made with monk fruit, your family will love them.
Low Carb Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
With all the holiday baking I have been doing, I thought I should get at least a couple of low carb options in the mix. My husband loves snickerdoodles so I thought I’d start with them. I hope everyone is trying all of the other great cookie recipes I have been posting. Almond Joy Cake Mix Cookies Peanut Butter And Jelly Thumb Print Cookies and soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. They aren’t low carb but they are all fantastic
My husband has been doing the low carb keto diet for 6 months and is doing fantastic, I try to offer low carb options on my blog so those of you that are following that lifestyle can still follow us. If you need more information on the keto diet visit https://www.drberg.com. He shares a lot of great information
Ingredients Needed to Make Low Carb Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
- Xanthan Gum
- Monk Fruit or choice of Sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Stevia or additional monk fruit
- Ground Cinnamon
- Monk Fruit
How Do I Make the Cookies?
- Preheat Oven
- In a large bowl, mix together almond and coconut flours, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and eggs. Once creamed together, start slowly mixing in the dry ingredients.
- For coating, mix together the cinnamon and sugar substitute. Roll the individual cookies into 1-1 1/4″ balls.
- Flatten balls slightly on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
If you are reluctant to try artificial sweeteners because most have that nasty after taste, and cooling effect that I do not care for, but Lakanto’s monk fruit does not! If you haven’t tried it. I highly recommend it -it also measures 1-1 with real sugar which makes it easy.
Low Carb Soft Snickerdoodles
- Electric Mixer
- stove, sheet pan, mixing bowl
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit
- 1/4 cup Brown Stevia (or additional monk fruit)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Monk Fruit
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together almond and coconut flours, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and eggs. Once well mixed, start slowly mixing in the dry ingredients.
- For coating, mix together the cinnamon and sugar substitute. Roll the individual cookies into 1-1 1/4" balls.
- Flatten balls slightly on a cookie sheet and bake for 10- 12 minutes.