This Easy Philly Cheesesteak Casserole with Peppers and Onions is delicious. It is perfect for Keto or Low Carb life style.
This dinner is delicious and quick too throw together on a week night or anytime you need a quick meal. If you are cutting back on the carbs this is perfect with lots of protein in the steak . I have shared a few other low carb meals with you , some of my favorites are Jalapeno Popper Bacon Cheddar Chicken Breast or Buffalo Chicken Tenders (Strips). However, I try to stick to things that are great tasting regardless . This casserole definitely fits the bill. Thin sliced steak, mushrooms, onions, and greens peppers covered with provolone . You will feel like you are eating a Philly cheesesteak sub and you will never miss the bread.
What Type Of Steak Should I Use ?
A better cut of meat like Rib eye is going to be most tender however flank steak or you can used pre shaved steak comes out great. If you use a cheaper cut if meat the thinner you cut it the more tender it will be.
What Should I Serve With Philly Cheesesteak Casserole?
How to Make Easy Philly Cheesesteak Casserole:
Ingredients Needed :
Other Low Carb Recipes You May Like :
- Chicken Bacon Ranch and Cheddar
- KETO JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- Low Carb -Keto Instant Pot Cheesecake
Easy Philly Cheesesteak Casserole With Peppers and Onions Keto Low Carb
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 2 pounds Steak (thinly sliced or shaved ) Ground Beef may be substituted
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Green Pepper Sliced /diced
- 1 large Onion Sliced /Diced
- 1 4 oz can Mushrooms
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Beef Broth
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- ½ tsp Black Pepper or to taste
- Pre-heat Oven 350°
- Over medium hot heat in a skillet with olive oil brown steak 6-8 minutes
- Add onions, peppers, mushrooms saute' additional 5 -6 minutes add cream cheese and beef broth stirring until cream cheese is melted
- Put all into baking dish and cover with provolone cheese
- Heat in oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and hot
This post may contain affiliate links
As an Amazon associate a commission is made on any qualifying purchases