This is The Best Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole. It is absolutely delicious and can be whipped up in no time. With Shredded Chicken, fresh jalapenos, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Your family will love it whether they are following Keto, low carb or not.
Making this chicken casserole is similar to Chicken Bacon Ranch and Cheddar that I shared a while back. However, this version comes with a spicy kick to it. If you are a fan of jalapenos and spicy food, you will love this chicken dish. One of my favorite appetizers is jalapeno poppers and this dish tastes very similar.
I used shredded chicken to make this casserole recipe, it could also be made with diced chicken or whole breasts. Having shredded chicken breasts that I cooked in the instant pot, always comes in handy.
As you can see in the above picture, I spice up the chicken with garlic powder ,salt and pepper and paprika. This dinner is fabulous and full of flavor regardless if you are doing low carb or keto diet. That is pretty much just a bonus.
If You are Thinking of Starting the Keto Diet and Want to earn more about it, this is just a small outline :
1. What can you eat on a keto diet?-
- Meat and Poultry
- Seafood. Fish and shellfish
- Low-Carb Vegetables.
These are just a few of the things you are able to eat on the keto diet
2. How much can you eat on keto?-
A healthy ketogenic diet should consist of about 75% fat, 20% protein and only 5% or less than 50 grams of carbs per day. Focus on high-fat, low-carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy and low-carb vegetables, as well as a lot of water and other sugar-free beverages
If you would like to learn more -go to https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ketogenic-diet-101
Other Recipes You May Be Interested In :
How to make Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole:
- Chicken - Shredded or Cubed ( I use breasts)
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Crispy Bacon
- Cream Cheese
- Garlic Powder
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts I used pre-cooked and shredded
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper or to taste
- 5-6 Jalapeno Peppers Slice Peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 6 oz Sharp Cheddar grated or shredded
- ½ Cup Crispy Crumbled Bacon
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375°
- Lay Shredded Chicken in a casserole dish 9x13 - season with garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper to taste -I spray dish with food release Spread Cream Cheese over chicken
- Next wash and cut tops off jalapenos -if you want it to be spicy leave seeds in, for milder remove,Slice peppers in strips and lay them on top of cream cheese, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes - sprinkling bacon on for last 5minutes
- If using raw chicken -add additional 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator for 3-4 days