This Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf with cheese, mushrooms, and onions, is the ultimate comfort food. Its even better than momma used to make
Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf
When thinking of a feel-good sit down at the table with my family dinner, meatloaf is my go-to. Meatloaf was the first meal I ever cooked my husband. We were gonna cook Easter dinner together many years ago when we were just dating. I asked him what he wanted me to make and he said meatloaf. I have to say I was kind of shocked because I expected him to say ham or turkey.
Growing up Easter dinner always consisted of Ham or Turkey but turns out I found out later that he was trying to think of something simple that I couldn't mess up.
The kids in the house were never big fans of plain old meatloaf so it never got made much well I was raising them. If only I would have found this recipe for amazing stuffed meatloaf sooner.
They surely would have loved this stuffed meatloaf. What's not to love? Everything is so much better with cheese. My husband is not a huge beef eater either. He definitely would prefer to eat chicken most of the time. Therefore, we eat a lot of Buffalo Chicken Tenders and CrockPot Creamy Mushroom Chicken
He did, however, find this stuffed meatloaf very good.
Making this stuffed meatloaf is fairly easy. All you will need is ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, mushrooms, cheese of choice, (I used mozzarella) garlic powder, salt, and pepper, tomato sauce or ketchup (optional). I also made a low carb version of this meatloaf in which I replaced the bread crumbs with almond flour and left off the tomato sauce.
If you are looking for a great easy side dish to go with your stuffed meatloaf https://cincyshopper.com/easy-stovetop-mac-cheese/
Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf
- 2 lbs ground beef ground turkey or chicken could be substituted
- ½ cup bread crumbs or sub almond flour for low carb
- 2 large eggs
- ½ large onion chopped
- 8 oz cheese of choice I used mozzarella
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 4 oz can mushrooms
- ½ cup tomato sauce leave off for low carb version
- Chop and sautee onions in a little olive oil or butter
- In a large mixing bowl -mix ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, and mushrooms
- add onions and mix again
- With ⅔-3/4 of the meat mixture, line a glass loaf pan, forming a cavity in the middle
- add half of the cheese to the cavity
- Top with the remaining meat mixture to cover the cavity and the cheese
- Add the remaining cheese on top
- Cover with foil and bake at 400° for 45 minutes
- Take foil off, add tomato sauce to the top of the meatloaf
- Bake another 15 minutes
- Drain excess grease from meatloaf and let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting
[…] you are a lover of comfort food try Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf or Moms Classic Macaroni Salad With […]
[…] are delicious. Whether you are having them as a side dish with some great comfort food like Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf or as a dessert you will love them. Apple season is just around the corner. It seems as though […]
[…] arent big pork eaters in our house. It's usually all about Air Fryer Chicken Thighs (crispy) or Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf. I did however just get a new air fryer so I wanted to try some new recipes. I came across this […]
[…] Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf […]
[…] are the perfect new healthy alternative to my usual favorite side dishes. Normally if I was making Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf I would make Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. However,I am trying to cut calories and […]
[…] Wedge Salad would go great with Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs Instant Pot /Grill or Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf. I often order a wedge salad when we go out to eat. However, I'm not a fan of bleu cheese so I […]