This post may contain affiliate links-qualifying purchases could result in a small commission.
This is The Best Rocky Road Poke Cake that you will ever eat. Chocolate fudge cake, creamy fudge, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and walnuts. Oh my, it is delicious. Your family or your guests are going to love you when you serve them this cake.
The Best Rocky Road Poke Cake
Poke cakes are so easy and fun. Have you tried Raspberry Poke Cake With Pudding or WW Friendly Orange Cream Pudding Poke Cake? Both are delicious and you can find both recipes on the blog. Normally Im not a big fan of Chocolate Cake, however, this one is over the top delicious. It is definitely very rich so a little piece will do you. I haven't tried it yet but for sure it would be even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
So gather your chocolate lovers and treat them to this heavenly cake. You will be a hero for sure.
How to Make The Best Rocky Road Poke Cake:
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Chocolate Cake Mix and ingredients to make it (eggs, oil, and water)
- Hot Fudge Topping
- Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pre-Heat Oven
- Grease Pan
- Make Cake as Directed on Box
- When Cake Tests Done in Center (toothpick or fork come out dry)
- Poke Holes in Cake with Fork
- Heat Hot Fudge and Whisk Together With Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pour Over Holes in Cake
- Arrange the marshmallows on top and sprinkle ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips over the marshmallows.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to allow the marshmallows to melt and become slightly golden
- Melt the remaining 1 cup of mini chocolate chips in the microwave with ½ cup of heavy cream. Heat in 20-second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm marshmallows and sprinkle walnut pieces on top
- Allow to sit for 30-40 minutes - serve and enjoy
Cake In Process
Slice Of Cake
The Best Rocky Road Poke Cake
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix plus ingredients to make it
- 1 14 oz can Sweet Condensed Milk I used 2 /7 oz cans
- 1 11 oz jar Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping I used Hershey's
- 1 10 oz bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1.5 cups (divided) Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Walnut Pieces
- Pre-Heat oven at 350°
- Bake cake as directed on box
- When the cake is done -poke holes in cake with a fork
- Warm the hot fudge just enough to make it pourable then whisk together with the sweetened condensed milk.- Pour over the cake -filling the holes
- Spread the marshmallows on top and sprinkle ⅓ cup of the chocolate chips over the marshmallows
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to allow the marshmallows to melt and become golden brown
- Melt the remaining 1 cup of mini chocolate chips in the microwave with ½ cup of heavy cream. Heat in 30 -second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth
- Pour over the warm marshmallows - sprinkle walnuts on top
- Let settle for 30-40 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy !