Cheesy Scalloped Au-Gratin Potatoes are the perfect side dish . This recipe is made in the slow cooker (crockpot) . Easy to make and delicious.
Potatoes are a definite favorite around my house. These cheesy scalloped potatoes made in your crockpot go perfect with Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops or The Best Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Rub, Pineapple.
Pretty Much any Firm Potato Will work, Idaho, Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes are all good choices.
I personally am a sharp cheddar fan. I also added Pepper Jack. If you prefer a milder flavor , mild cheddar will also work.
My mother always cut up ham in the potatoes. Bacon is also always good to add. I put onion slices in mine, green peppers or banana peppers are great if you want to add a little spice.
I made these Potatoes in my slow cooker, however if you are looking for a great recipe made in the oven, try this one.https://cincyshopper.com/au-gratin-potatoes/.
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
How to Make Cheesy Scalloped Au-Gratin Potatoes(Crockpot):
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
Gather the ingredients for the Scalloped Potatoes.
Next slice the potatoes and onions. Shred the cheeses.
Layer Potatoes ,onion slices and salt and pepper in slow cooker.
Melting Butter for thickener.
Now add shredded cheese to white sauce.
Cheese sauce poured over potatoes in slow cooker.
Ready to serve potatoes. In slow-cooker.
Cheesy Scalloped Au-Gratin Potatoes (Crockpot)
- Crockpot, Slow Cooker
- Knife or Mandolin Slicer
- Cheese Grater
- 6-7 large Potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 medium Onion peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Milk I used 2%
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley or Scallions garnish
- Paprika garnish
- Spray slow-cooker well with non-stick spray or use liner
- Wash, peel and slice potatoes, peel and slice onion
- Shred cheeses and set aside.
- Layer potatoes and onions in slow-cooker. -Salt and Pepper to taste (I use a lot )
- In a sauce pan on medium high heat melt butter. Wisk in flour and garlic powder , stir constantly, slowly add milk ,as it begins to thicken, stir in sour cream.
- Bring white sauce to boil , reduce heat , stir in cheeses and more salt and pepper and any other spices you may want.
- When cheese is completely melted, pour sauce over the layered potatoes.
- Note!!! I did not pre-cook onions, however if you prefer them very soft you can saute in olive oil before layering between potatoes.
- Make sure sauce is distributed well over all potatoes.
- Set slow-cooker on high and cook for 3-4 hours or until tender.
- TIP !! Layer 3-4 paper towels and lay across slow-cooker before placing lid on. This will absorb excess moisture. Change towels half way through.
- Once you hit 3 hours watch closely until desired doneness.
- Paper towel tip credited to Chelsea at www.chelseasmessyapron.com/
Leave a Reply