Loaded Mashed Potato Bake is a great side dish to make for the holidays or anytime. Who doesn't love mashed potatoes? When you add cheddar cheese, bacon , sour cream and chives, it makes them that much better.
Loaded Mash Potato Bake
Mashed potatoes are probably my biggest weakness when it comes to side dishes . I love my Slow Cooker Red Mashed Potatoes and they are my go to at Thanksgiving . I also always make Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, however, I decided to try these loaded mashed potatoes and they are delicious.
Are you starting to plan your holiday meals ? If you are I highly recommend these loaded mash potatoes ,with bacon, cheese , sour cream, chives and of course butter . If you are looking for side dishes that are lower calorie or low carb try The Best 1 WW Point Asparagus or Oven Roasted Green Beans. For great low carb options head over to https://thatlowcarblife.com/ the /low-carb-mexican-street-corn-salad/ looks fantastic . I can not wait to try it .
However, today I am here to talk about loaded mashed potatoes so lets get to it . They will take about an hour to prepare between the boiling of the potatoes, the preparing and the baking. They are definitely worth the effort though.
How to Make Loaded Mashed Potato Bake:
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Potatoes Ready to Boil
Adding the Milk
Butter Cheese and Sour Cream
Going in the Oven
Loaded Mashed Potato Bake
- Electric Mixer
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 2.5 lbs Potatoes Washed Peeled and Cut
- ½ cup Milk I used 2%
- 8 tablespoon Butter
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar
- ½ cup Mozzarella
- 8 oz Bacon crumbled
- 2 tablespoon Chives Fresh or dehydrated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley optional garnish
- Boil potatoes until easily piercable with a fork
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Drain potatoes, with a hand masher, mash potatoes, well still warm, with a hand mixer on low slowly add warm or room temperature milk and softened butter
- Add Sour Cream and ½ of the Cheeses and Bacon and salt and pepper mix on medium-high until smooth
- Spread potatoes into a baking dish and top with the additional cheeses and bacon and chives
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes
- Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes until golden brown
- Let set for 5 minutes - serve hot
This post may contain affiliate links, a small commission will be made on any qualifying purchases.