This post may contain affiliate links
These Better Than the Fair Hot Italian Sausage Sandwiches are fantastic. Cooked on the grill and served with peppers and onions on your favorite sandwich roll/bun.
Growing up and even today my favorite think about going to the fair is the food. I always seek out the hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions. Even as a little girl I loved spicy food. I think I got it from my daddy. These Hot Italian Sausage Sandwiches were a favorite. However, if you don't like spice, the mild sausages would work great also.
We have started using the grill a lot this spring . We did the The Best Texas Slow Smoked Brisket Recipe on Trager Grill and also made Steak and Chicken Kabobs recently. Starting to put the menu together for our 4th of July celebration . We haven't decided for sure on the menu but I'm sure these Hot Italian Sausages will be served.
How to Make Better Than the Fair Hot Italian Sausage :
Ingredients Needed :
- Hot Italian Sausage
- Green Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sandwich Rolls
Gather ingredients .
Slice onions and peppers to desired size.
Onions and Peppers cooking in Olive Oil.
Sausages hot off the grill.
If you are looking for other recipes using Italian sausage, head over to Cincyshopper and check out her version cooked in the crockpot with Italian Sauce. cincyshopper.com/crockpot-sausage-and-peppers/.
Looking to Try some of Our Other Great Recipes?
Better Than the Fair Hot Italian Sausage
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 5 Links Hot Italian Sausage Mild can be used
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 White or Yellow Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mustard and Ketchup or condiments of choice
- Rolls of Choice
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat
- Slice onions and peppers
- Add Sausages to grill
- Cook onions and peppers in Olive Oil in Cast Iron Skillet or in pan on grill until slightly crispy
- Cook sausage 15-20 minutes turning half way through -internal temperature of 165°
- Remove from grill and assemble sandwiches with your favorite condiments