The Best Easter Dirt Cake with Devils Food Cake, Cool Whip, Cookie Crumbs, Strawberries and Coconut, Can you say delicious?
This Dirt Cake was especially fun to make , the Oreos as dirt, coconut as grass, and strawberries as carrots all seemed so realistic. Great fun and am sure the grand kids will love it as well.
The Cake would be fine made a day or 2 ahead , however it should be refrigerated if the Cool Whip has been put on the cake.
Yes you absolutely can use any flavor cake and could use frosting instead of Cool Whip.
The cake can be stored in an airtight container for several days in the refrigerator.
How to Make The Best Easter Dirt Cake :
- Devils Food Cake Mix ( or flavor of choice)
- Eggs, Oil and Water to make Cake
- Cool Whip
- Food Coloring
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Bunny
Do you love making fun holiday themed desserts ? I love to make them and have my grandkids help . It is so much fun to see them help.
Recipes You May Be Interested In :
If you make this cake or any of my recipes , please stop back and give the recipe a rating . In addition, let us know if you made any changes and how it came out.
Another great version of this cake is making it a poke cake. After cooling the cake poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Pour pudding into the cake (chocolate or flavor of choice). Refrigerate to chill before frosting. Makes for an extra layer of gooeyness.
Easy Easter Dirt Cake
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- 1 Box Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs Or as directed on box
- ½ cup Oil Or as directed on box
- 1 cup Water Or as directed on box
- 1 8 oz. Tub Cool Whip
- 12 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 1 lb. Package of White Bark or Candy Melts
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut
- Green and Orange Food Coloring Gel works Best
- 15-18 Oreo Cookies
- 1 Chocolate Bunny
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350°
- Make Cake as Directed on Box - Cool the Cake Completely
- Frost Cake with Cool Whip or the Frosting of Choice
- Crush Oreos in Food Processor or put in a baggie and crush with a mallet or rolling pin
- Put Coconut in a Baggie or Bowl add a Few Drops of Green Food Coloring To Color to Look Like Grass
- Melt the White Bark and Color Orange ( if it starts to clump, add vegetable oil) or you can use orange candy melts
- Dip Strawberries into Orange Chocolate and Let Harden on Parchment Paper Lined Tray
- Add Cookies to Cake, next add the Coconut, then add the Strawberries
- Top with Chocolate Bunny of Bunny of Choice.
- Cake is ready to serve or refrigerate until ready to eat.
If you are looking for other great holiday ideas, head over to craftymorning.com/easy
Follow me on Pinterest @ pinterest.com/WeDishItup
If you haven't signed up for our email list yet , please do so. Get notified in your in box every time we post something new.