This Easter Bunny Butt Cake is so adorable. Easy to throw together with a white boxed cake mix, store-bought canned frosting and covered in coconut -yum.
EASTER BUNNY BUTT CAKE
This is such a fun cake to make, I love making holiday desserts. Did you try my Lucky Cupcakes With Irish Cream Frosting or Dark Chocolate Brownies With Strawberry Buttercream Frosting that I made at Valentine’s Day? Well, I’m now on to the easter fun. Last week I shared the Easter Bunny Cupcakes, my grandaughter absolutely loved them.
Making this cake was so fun. The cake itself was made in a pyrex glass mixing bowl. I never heard of baking a cake like that but it worked. You also need cupcakes for the feet, I just poured them in the cupcake tin before I put the rest of the cake mix into the glass bowl. I used cotton candy for a tale and marshmallows for toes or pads of the feet. Covered with coconut and some coconut and jelly bean trim around the cake.
Be on the lookout for more Easter recipes, I’m so excited that spring is near, I am so miserable in the winter. The sunshine today has me wanting to be out cleaning up the yard and getting ready to open up the pool. Just praying we don’t get a late in the season snowstorm.
How to Make Easter Bunny Butt Cake:
- Box Cake Mix (White or Yellow)
- Vegetable Oil
- Baking Tray or Cardboard for Putting Cake on -(Wrapped in Foil)
- Container if Store Bought Frosting (or make your own)
- Cotton Candy
- Pink Sanding Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Jelly Beans
- Chocolate Eggs
- Oven Safe Mixing Bowl
- Cupcake Pan
- Pre-heat Oven
- Make Cake as Directed on Box
- Bake in Oven Safe Bowl
- Make 2 Cupcakes for Feet
- Cool Cake and Cupcakes
- Frost Feet (Cupcakes)
- Frost Cake
- Attach Cupcakes as Feet (Use toothpicks if necessary )
- Cut Marshmallows diagonally -dip in pink sugar for pads, for toes, I cut in 1/4 ths and dipped in pink sugar.
- Attach Cotton Candy for the tail
- Cover in Coconut
- Color Remaining coconut with 2 Drops of Green Food Coloring (shake in a bag)
- Spread Green Coconut around Cake
- Add Jelly Beans and Chocolate Eggs
Easter Bunny Butt Cake
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 Box White or Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Large Can White Frosting of Choice
- 3 Large Marshmallows
- 1 Ball Cotton Candy
- 10-12 Jelly Beans
- 10-12 Chocolate Eggs
- Pink Sanding Sugar
- Pre-Heat Oven To 325°
- Mix Cake as Directed on Box - Pour Enough Batter in Cupcake Pan For 2 Cupcakes
- Put Remaining Batter in a Well Greased and Floured Glass or Oven Safe Mixing Bowl. (I used 4 qt Pyrex Glass Bowl )
- Bake Cupcakes for 16-20 Minutes - Cake for 48-52 Minutes or until Tooth Pick Comes Out Dry When Inserted in Center Of Cake
- Cool Cake and Cupcakes Completely On Cooling Rack With Round Side Up-Cool Completely - atleast 1 Hour
- Place bowl cake on tray cut side down; spread 1/3 cup frosting over cake. Use frosting to adhere cupcakes to bowl cake for feet Use toothpicks if necessary. Spread thin layer of frosting over side and top of cake to seal in crumbs. Freeze cake 30 to 45 minutes to set frosting.
- Spread remaining frosting over cake. Sprinkle with 2 cups of the coconut; press gently to adhere. Shake 1 cup coconut and 3 drops green food color in tightly covered jar or bag until evenly tinted. Surround bunny with tinted coconut.
- Cut Marshmallow in Half Horizontally and Dip sticky center in Pink Sugar -Push into Iced Cupcake Feet- Make Toes By Cutting Marshmallow into 1/4 ths and sticking In Pink Sugar -attach to feet
- Attach Cotton Candy Tail and Seve
Cover with Foil Or Put in an Air Tight Container for Storage after Cutting- Should Keep 3-4 days or Longer if Kept in Freezer
As an Amazon Associate as small Commission will be earned on qualifying purchases