This is The Best Cinnamon Pecan French Toast Bake. You will absolutely love it . Filled with cinnamon bread and topped with pecans , butter and maple syrup.
This French Toast Bake is perfect for Christmas breakfast or brunch. However this breakfast casserole is also great any time of the year. I love the fact that it is all in one baking dish and there isn't a bunch of dishes involved . I have shared several quick and easy breakfasts in the past. If you want to make something that is just grab and go- try Super Easy Cheese Danish or Apple Pie Monkey Bread. Both are delicious.
Can The Bake Be Made Ahead of Time ?
Yes in fact it is best if the bread soaks in the custard in the refrigerator over night.
How to Make The Best Cinnamon Pecan French Toast Bake:
- Italian Bread or Bread of Choice
- Half and Half
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Pecans
- Maple Syrup and Powdered Sugar
The Best Cinnamon Pecan French Toast Bake
- knife, cutting board
- 1 loaf Italian or French Bread Cut into 1 inch cubes
- Food Release Spray
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Take butter out and place on counter to soften for use later
- Spray 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray or grease with butter
- Tear or slice bread into 1 inch squares/chunks , arrange in baking pan
- In a separate bowl or pitcher whisk eggs, half and half , ½ cup of brown sugar , vanilla extract and cinnamon until a custard is created
- Pour the custard over the bread , press the bread down slightly so its somewhat tightly packed in the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and preferably refrigerate for at least 2 hours or over night. Or if needed to bake right away , set out on counter for 1 hour to allow for the bread to absorb egg mixture.
- Make the Pecan Crumble - Mix Chopped Pecans, Flour and remaining Brown Sugar together -mix in softened Butter using a Pastry Cutter or Fork or with Hands making it clumpy -
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350°
- Sprinkle Crumble Topping over Bread and Bake for 45-50 Minutes
- Remove from Oven and Cool for 5-10 minutes
- Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar
- Serve with Butter and Warm Maple Syrup or Fruit of Choice
Other Recipes You May Like :