This Chicken Queso Soup is fantastic. Perfect for this cold fall weather. A little bit spicy and low carb and keto-friendly.You are going to love it.
Chicken Queso Soup
Whether you eat keto or not, this zesty queso keto chicken soup is absolutely delicious. This recipe is for instant pot, but it could also be made in a slow cooker or on top of the stove. creamy, It is a little spicy and full of flavor.
This soup along with these others I’ve shared Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Easy Country Chicken Noodle Soup, and Bacon Cheeseburger Instant Pot Soup Low Carb Keto.
This soup is good as is but I garnish with sour cream and green onions and OMG it is so good. It would probably be even better with jalapenos, that is if you like spicy hot. Personally I love it. Some may like avocados or guacamole on top – I’m not a fan.
The Ingredients Needed to make Chicken Queso Soup
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Petite Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilis
- Kosher Salt
- Chicken Broth
- Salsa (I used Red -Green is also good)
- Cream Cheese Softened
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Cheddar Cheese
Trying to eat low carb or keto is definitely a struggle for me, with recipes like this though it definitely makes it easier. Have you tried the other low carb recipes that have been shared here on the site? KETO JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN CASSEROLE Chicken Bacon Ranch and Cheddar. . There are also some great recipe options over at https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/
How To Make Chicken Queso Soup
- Place chicken, chili powder, garlic powder tomatoes with juices, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and salsa in Instant Pot. Set to manual mode and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure. Allow pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes), remove and shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Stir softened cream cheese into the soup in the pot and whisk until fully melted into the soup
- Return Chicken to pot
- Garnish with choice of toppings
- Serve hot or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days
In Process Soup
Chicken Queso Soup
- Pressure Cooker
- 2-3 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper optional
- 1 28 0z can petite diced tomatoes I used with green chilis
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa I used red medium - green can be used
- 1 8oz block softened cream cheese
- shredded cheddar or cheese of choice garnish
- green onion garnish
- sour cream garnish
- Place chicken, all seasonings, tomatoes with juices, chicken broth, and salsa in Instant Pot. Set to manual mode and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure. Allow pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes), remove and shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Stir softened cream cheese into the soup in the pot and whisk until fully melted into the soup. Return chicken to the soup and serve with shredded cheddar,sour cream or choice of garnish
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”