This Easy Cocoa Bomb Recipe is so good. With powdered chocolate, hot milk, mini marshmallows, and hardened chocolate shell.
Hot cocoa bombs have been all the rage for the last couple years. This is the first time I have tried making them and they were easy and fun. Normally I would just make a crockpot full of Rich and Creamy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate. These Easy Cocoa Bombs are glittery and extra fun. If you need a treat with your hot chocolate The Best Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies or Super Easy Cheese Danish are great choices.
Yes of course , choose the color of your liking. I Chose black and gold to add a little extra glam for New Years Eve.
White Chocolate or Milk Chocolate Chips are always a great option. Any small candy or edible sprinkles are fun.
Hot water would dissolve the chocolate , however the milk makes it extra creamy and I highly recommend it. However, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk or Soy Milk will definitely work if you choose.
The Cocoa Bomb will be activated when you pour Hot Milk over the Cocoa Bomb.
If you are looking for additional cocoa bomb recipes, head over to https://www.scrambledchefs.com/
How to Make Easy Hot Cocoa Bombs :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Black Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- Hot Cocoa Powder
- Mini Marshmallows
- Edible Gold Glitter or Sprinkles
Gather ingredients for bombs and silicone molds.
Black candy melts in microwave safe bowl.
Melt black candy melts in microwave safe bowl. Follow directions on bag.
Spread melted candy melts into silicone mold. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove from molds, melt edges of molded chocolate in a frying pan, barely touching pan enough to just begin to melt. Fill bombs with cocoa powder and marshmallows. Put 2 halves of bombs together. The slightly melted chocolate should bind them together.
Decorate and serve.
Easy Cocoa Bombs
- Frying Pan
- 1 bag (12 oz. ) Black Candy Melts
- ⅓ cup White Candy Melts
- 6 tbsp. Coco Powder Mix
- 15 Mini Marshmallows
- 3 cups Hot Milk
- Gold Star Glitter
- Melt black candy melts in a microwave bowl. As directed on bag
- With a spoon spread a thin layer of the melted candy melts into the silicone molds. Place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to harden. Save any extra melted candy for patching if necessary.
- Remove molds from refrigerator , if there are any spots that are so thin that you can see through them. Patch them with remaining melted candy. Refrigerate again.
- Remove bombs from molds.
- Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place one side of the bomb rim down onto the frying pan. This will lightly melt and even out the edges. Quickly add about 2 tablespoons cocoa mix to the bomb and marshmallows. Add edible glitter to the centers. Melt the other side of the bombs rim and then place evenly with the other side. Seal them together
- Microwave the white chocolate candy melts and drizzle some over the top of the bomb. Add gold star sprinkles
- Let Dry - Serve in a cup. Pour hot milk over the comb -enjoy