Peppermint Hot Fudge Cake is absolutely delicious. Chocolate Cake, Peppermint Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream and a Cherry. Need I say more? Serve this to your family and friends and you are sure to be a hit.
If you are a fan of the Big Boy Hot Fudge Cake , this Peppermint Hot Fudge Cake is a great copycat with a Holiday twist
Yes sure use what ever flavor you prefer , however chocolate or devils food are a great pairing with the peppermint ice cream.
After buying a carton of peppermint ice cream , i dipped it out and put it in a square or rectangle container and smooth it out . Then I put it back in the freezer for a couple hours. It can then be cut it to fit the shape of the cake. Another option is to just put a scoop between the cake layers or put the ice cream on the side.
Homemade is always best. Cool Whip or Redi-whip will also work.
How to Make Peppermint Hot Fudge Cake :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Chocolate Cake
- Peppermint Ice Cream
- Hot Fudge
- Whipped Cream
Ingredients needed to make the Hot Fudge Cake.
Spread Peppermint Ice Cream into rectangle or square container . Return to freezer.
Bake Chocolate Cake as directed on box in 9x13 pan. Cool and cut in 12 pieces. Slice cake through height so you have 2 pieces of cake approximately 3x4 inches each.
Put slice cake squares in dish . Cut Ice Cream into rectangles the same size as cake. Place ice cream on one piece of cake and place the other on top.
Place the peppermint ice cream on top of bottom slice of cake.
Heat 2 oz. of hot fudge and pour over the corners of the cake. Leave the center of the cake top bare so when you put whipped cream on it doesn't melt off.
Top with whipped cream and a cherry. Ready to serve.
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
Looking for Even More Great Holiday Recipes ? Try Some Of The Great Ones At :https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/holiday-recipes-passed-down-for-generations/
Peppermint Hot Fudge Cake
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 box Chocolate Cake
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable or Canola Oil or as directed on box
- 1 ½ gallon Peppermint Ice Cream
- 2 12 oz. jars Hot Fudge
- 1 can Whipped Topping Or homemade whipped cream
- 12 Maraschino Cherries
- Bake Chocolate cake as directed on box. Cool completely.
- Cut cakes into 12 pieces , cut each piece in half length wise so there are 2 rectangular pieces.
- Spread peppermint ice cream out into pan or container so that it can be cut into 12 rectangular pieces.
- Heat hot fudge in microwave for 30-40 seconds or until smooth
- Assemble ice cream between 2 pieces of cake .
- Drizzle hot fudge on corners of cake. Leave center of top of cake bare.
- Use whipped topping or whipped cream and put in center of top of cake. Top with a cherry and serve.