These Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes are so cute. They start with a basic chocolate cupcake from a boxed cake mix. They are topped with a frosted sugar cone and dusted with powdered sugar. You will love them for sure.
I love making cupcakes for desserts, they are so versatile and fun to do. I have shared many different ones over the past couple years that I have been blogging. Candy Cane Cupcakes and Easy Cherry Coke Cupcakes From Box Mix Recipe are just a couple of my favorites.
Yes absolutely , from scratch is always best !
Sure use your favorite flavor , I used chocolate so it kind of looked like the ground. However , any flavor will work.
Buttercream is a thick stiff frosting and holds up well for decorating. I have not tested any other type but you certainly could try using a different type.
How To Make Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Cake Mix - Chocolate or flavor of choice
- Eggs, oil, water ( needed to make cupcakes)
- Butter (softened )
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream or Milk
- Green Food Coloring
Gather the ingredients for the Christmas Tree Cupcakes.
Making the Buttercream Frosting.
Frosting Cupcake with White Frosting to look like Snow.
Frosting the Sugar Cone.
Decorated and ready to serve .
My Buttercream recipe was found [email protected] https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/quick-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-recipe-1942194
Other Recipes You May Enjoy :
Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Pans
- Pastry Bag
- 1 Box Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs or as directed on box
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil or as directed on box
- 1 cup Water
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 cup Butter Softened
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Cream or Milk
- Green Food Coloring
- 12 Sugar Cones
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°
- Make cupcakes as directed on box. Cool completely
- Beat butter in a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time
- Mix in vanilla and cream , if too stiff add more cream or milk.
- Remove 2 cups of frosting and set a side.
- Add 10-14 drops of green food coloring and mix remaining frosting.
- With a spatula or knife spread white frosting on cupcakes to create the look of snow.
- Spread a thin layer of green frosting on sugar cone, stand them onto cupackes.
- With a star tip fill pastry bag with green frosting, starting at the bottom of the cone go around tree until completely covered.
- Sprinkle a dusting of powdered sugar over trees to represent snow.