How to Make Easter Marshmallow Peeps Cake. This Cake starts with a box mix , butter cream frosting, coconut , malted eggs and of course peeps. So easy and so good.
Making this cake was so much fun. It was relatively easy as I started with a boxed cake mix. Although, I also enjoyed making The Best Easter Dirt Cake and Easy to Make Easter Bunny Butt Cake . This cake was definitely the most colorful and I was really pleased with how it came out .
You definitely could use any cake mix. However , I went with a yellow cake to keep with the spring Easter color theme.
Using canned frosting would be a great short cut for this cake.
Another Great Option Would be Jelly Beans or Chocolate Foil Eggs, or I have also seen Gum Balls that look like Eggs.
This cake is going to be the perfect dessert for our Easter Dinner. It would also work perfect for a pot luck or dish to pass event. You will be a hit I'm sure.
How to Make Easter Marshmallow Peeps Cake:
Ingredients Needed :
- Cake Mix (and ingredients to make)
- Malted Eggs
- FROSTING :
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipping Cream or Milk
- Food Coloring
- Vanilla Extract
For other great Easter Dessert Ideas Check Out .bettycrocker.com/special-occasions/easter/easter-desserts
Other Recipes You May Like :
Easy Easter Peeps Cake
- Electric Mixer
- 1 Box Cake Mix I used Yellow
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Oil
- 24 Peeps
- ½ cup Malted Eggs
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut
- 3-4 drops Green Food Coloring Gel Works Best
Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup Butter Softened
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsps. Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Tbsp. Cream or Milk
- 3-4 Drops Green Food Coloring Gel Works Best
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350°
- Bake Oven as directed on box in 2 9 inch layers -cool completely
- Cut one layer making it Flat
Butter Cream Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric hand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed for 5-6 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the powdered sugar, and continue beating until the sugar is fully mixed in .
- Add Vanilla , Cream or Milk and Food Coloring
- Put the mixer on medium-high speed and beat the frosting for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- If it is too thick add additional cream
- Put Sweetened Coconut in a Baggie and add 3-4 Drops of Green Gel Food Coloring - Shake until Coconut Has Turned Green
- Frost the Cake with the Green Buttercream Frosting
- Add Green Coconut to Top as Grass - Add Eggs
- Attach Peeps Around Outside Edge of Cake 22-24 should fit depending how Tight you Place Them
- Cake is Complete