This Cranberry Christmas Cake is sure to be an instant hit . With tart fresh cranberries and sweet buttery cake that is almost the texture of a coffee cake. So good.
There is something about cranberries that automatically makes you think of Christmas. I love my frosted cranberries and Cranberry Orange Muffins. This cake has the texture of almost a coffee cake so it is sweet and yummy and good without any frosting. However, I know it would be great with a glaze on it as well.
With Thanksgiving over I cant wait to get going on my Christmas shopping and baking . Ive already shared several cookie recipes The Grinch Christmas Cookies Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies and more. I look forward to sharing a lot more. Although this has been such a strange year with the pandemic and all. I havent gotten to see much of my grand children. Im hoping with Christmas and the new year things will looks better.
How to Make The Best Cranberry Christmas Cake :
- Fresh Cranberries
- Vanilla Extract
The Best Cranberry Christmas Cake
- mixer, oven, baking pans
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Butter
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries
- Pre-heat Oven to 350°
- Beat on med/high with electric mixer eggs, sugar and vanilla for 4-6 minutes until they double in size
- Add butter and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes
- Stir in flour and salt
- Mix in cranberries
- Spread batter into well buttered pan (9x13) Bake for 45-50 minutes-until center is done when tooth pick is stuck in cake
- Cake batter will be thick almost like cookie dough -spread out with spatula in pan
- Cool completely before cutting
Other Recipes You Might Like :
How to Store the Cake -
It will keep well in an airtight container for 4-5 days on the counter.