These Vanilla Sugar Cranberries are so easy to make. They are perfect for adding a special touch to desserts or beverages or just enjoy them alone as a sweet and tart delicious snack.
These easy to make sweet and tart treats are so pretty, a bonus in addition to tasting great. The sugar glimmers off of them making them look like they are covered in snow. These berries can be added to my list of easy holiday goodies. Easy Christmas Fudge, Home Made Christmas Mints and Candy Cane Cupcakes are all great.
These delicious, beautiful, sparkling little berries are so easy to make. Just 4 ingredients Sugar, vanilla, cranberries, and water are needed to make them. They do however take about 2.5 hrs to make.
When you put these yummy cranberries on the table at your holiday get-togethers, you are sure to be a that hit. I would be willing to bet that multiple people will compliment you on them. I would also guess that they will want the recipe.
The cranberries can be made with or without the vanilla. Personally I love the vanilla flavor with the cranberry but if it is not your thing, they are still great without it.
How To Make Vanilla Sugar Cranberries:
- Vanilla Extract
- Rinse and drain cranberries
- Make a simple syrup with sugar, water and vanilla extract
- Stir cranberries into simple syrup -coating well
- With a slotted spoon, move cranberries a few at a time to wire drying rack-let dry for 1 hour. (If you don't have a rack that is small enough rails to hold the cranberries, put a paper towel across so they can still drain without falling through.
- After 1-hour berries should be dry but still sticky. Roll a few berries at once in remaining sugar until completely coated. -let dry for an additional hour.
Berries in the syrup
Rolling in Sugar
Vanilla Sugar Cranberries
- Stove, saucepan, slotted spoon
- 1 12 oz Bag Cranberries Use Fresh
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- Wash and drain Cranberries
- In a saucepan combine water and ¾ cup sugar to boil - add vanilla
- Stir in cranberries - completely covering berries - with a slotted spoon -move berries to a cooling rack
- Dry berries for 1 hour
- Put the remaining sugar in a shallow dish - roll berries a couple at a time covering with sugar
- Dry berries for an hour
On Instagram @https://www.instagram.com/wedishitup/
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.