Rainbow Jello Christmas Cookies are so colorful and fun to make. They are so much easier than having to ice your cookies, they will be a huge hit at a cookie exchange or pot luck.
Using Jello mix and just a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, these cookies can be whipped up in no time. If you are looking for an easy cookie recipe to do with your kids, Rainbow Jello Christmas Cookies are a perfect choice. All of the cookie recipes I have made so far this season Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies, Grandma’s Sour Cream RaisinCookies, Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies all are fairly easy, but this one is probably the easiest.
You can choose to make as many different colors as you’d like, I used 4 different colors but if you only have 2 or 3 boxes of jello -go with that. Christmas colors were used for this batch, but you could adjust colors for whatever occasion you are celebrating.
How To Make Rainbow Jello Christmas Cookies :
- Butter (Softened)
- Baking Soda
- Food Coloring (Optional, helps with color)
Instructions For Making Cookies:
- Preheat the oven- Line Baking Sheets with Parchment Paper
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mix well.
- Mix in Vanilla
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix until combined.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions (one for each color of jello)Bake
- Prepare for baking – roll in 1 inch balls -flatten slightly
Going into Oven
Ready To Serve
Storing Tips :
Cookies can be kept in an airtight container for several days.
Rainbow Jello Christmas Cookies
- Electric Mixer
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Softened Butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 small boxes Jello Colors of choice and as many different colors as you'd like
- Food Coloring Optional but improves color
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line two baking sheets with silicone or parchment.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix until combined
- Divide the dough into four equal portions (one for each color of jello mix), and add 2 tablespoons of jello mix to each portion. Add 3-4 drops of the same color of food coloring to each bowl. Mix until the color is evenly distributed. and the dough is desired color
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll the dough into one inch balls, then roll each ball in the sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly with a glass or palm of your hand.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies just slightly browned on the bottom and the tops look dry. Let cool 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.- Serve and enjoy
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.