These Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are easy to make in your crockpot or slow cooker. With buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, and provolone cheese all on a toasted sub roll. Whether you are serving to a crowd or serving an easy dinner to the family they are sure to be a hit.
We are definitely a Buffalo Chicken household haha. Whether it is a Biscuit Wreath With Buffalo Chicken Dip, or My All-Star Buffalo Chicken Wings Easy Recipe. Now, these Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches we love them all.
FAQ and Tips for Shredded Buffalo Chicken :
Boneless skinless breasts are the best option. However boneless thighs would also be a good option. If using bone-in or skin-on, more work is involved but is doable.
Absolutely, provolone cheese pairs well with the chicken and buffalo sauce. However, any cheese of your choice would be fine.
Chicken can be kept covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. In an airtight container in the freezer for 3-4 months. Thaw and reheat.
How to Make Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Hot Sauce
- Ranch Seasoning
- Provalone Cheese
- Sub Rolls
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
Gather all the ingredients you will need for the Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your crockpot or slow cooker.
Next, sprinkle dry ranch dressing packet over the chicken.
Add the stick of butter on top of the chicken.
Followed by adding the hot sauce to the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Shred Buffalo Chicken with 2 forks. as pictured.
Keep shredded chicken warm in crockpot. Ready to make sandwiches.
Build your Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with toppings of choice. Toasting the sub roll makes it extra delicious.
Side Dishes That Pair Well With These Sandwiches :
- Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Better Than the Fair Hot Italian Sausage
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Extra Creamy Coleslaw with Bacon
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Crockpot, Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 packet (1oz.) Dry Ranch Seasoning
- 2 cups Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup Butter
- 12 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Place chicken breasts in slow-cooker. Sprinkle ranch dressing over chicken.
- Add the stick of butter on top of the chicken.
- Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken. Cover crockpot, set the temperature on low Cook for 5 hours or until the internal temperature of chicken is 165° or higher.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Scoop chicken onto toasted sub rolls. Top with provolone cheese, blue cheese crumbles and any other toppings you choose.
This sandwich looks amazing! Love that you can make the chicken in a crockpot! I'll need to add this to my pins! 🙂
Thank You! It really is good.
Pinned! A greatt dish to have when our kids and their families come in at different times for the day or weekend!
Yes,I love being able to throw things in the crockpot and forget it.