These Easy Barbeque Baked Beans With Brown Sugar and Bacon are so good. They start with canned pinto beans. When you add brown sugar, bacon, onions and a variety of spices ,they are delicious.
These Barbeque Baked Beans are the perfect side dish for your at home BBQ . They are also a great option for your neighborhood pot luck. If you are looking for additional ideas for sides at your picnic or BBQ , try The Best Potato Salad With Mustard and Egg or Extra Creamy Coleslaw with Bacon. All are great options.
I used canned Pinto Beans - However, you could cook beans from scratch. Some People use Kidney Beans or Navy Beans.
These beans take 2-2.5 hours in the oven. They are so worth the wait.
Yes after browning onions and bacon, they can be made in slow cooker. Allow 6-7 hours to cook using this method.
How to Make Easy Barbeque Baked Beans With Brown Sugar and Bacon :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Pinto Beans
- Brown Sugar
- Barbeque Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
Gather all your Ingredients to make you Barbeque Baked Beans.
Next you will want to saute onions and bacon bits in olive oil. I love using my cast iron skillet for everything.
The next step is stirring in all the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and bring to boil.
Boil and simmer until everything thickens and makes a thick sauce for the beans. Pour into baking dish and bake for 2- 2.5 hours.
Beans out of the oven and garnished with green onions.
With Summer winding down and Fall right around the corner, all things Pumpkin and Apple are on the agenda. Here are a couple recipes I think you will enjoy. How To Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Tacos, Slow Cooker Apple Spice Dump Cake, Pumpkin Crisp With Pecan Crumble Topping.
Other Great Recipes you may Enjoy :
These beans were inspired by thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a9890/the-best-baked-beans-ever/
Easy Barbeque Baked Beans
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) Pinto Beans Or Baked Beans
- 5-6 slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled ( I used pre crumbled ¾ cup)
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Barbeque Sauce
- ¼ cup Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil or bacon grease after cooking bacon
- ¼ cup Green Onions garnish
- Pre-Heat Oven to 325°
- Heat olive oil or bacon grease on medium high in skillet
- Add diced onions and bacon pieces -saute until onions are tender (4-5 minutes)
- Next add the remaining ingredients
- Stir Well and bring to boil , reduce heat and let beans start to thicken
- Transfer beans into greased 8 x 8 baking pan
- Bake for 2- 2.5 hours until thick and gooey
- Remove from oven -let set for 5 minutes and garnish