How To Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Tacos. Allow me to share this fantastic recipe. These Caramel Apple tacos start with cinnamon tortillas, cheesecake filling and apple pie topping. They are easy to make as well as delicious. If you take these to a pot luck, you are guaranteed to be a hit .
With summer half over and fall just around the corner , its time for all things apple. These tacos are absolutely delicious. I used canned apple topping this time. However, my Easy to Make Homemade Apple Pie Filling would also be a great option. If you love apples also try Easy Caramel Apple Pie Cookies or Classic Homemade Apple Pie. They are all great but now back to our tacos. They make a great dessert or snack anytime . I used a cheesecake filling before topping them with apples. You could also just use whipped topping or of course ice cream . - Yum !
How To Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Tacos :
So lets get to making these tacos.
Ingredients Needed :
- Flour Tortillas
- Powdered Sugar
- Caramel Topping
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Apple Pie Filling
- Vanilla Extract
- Cool Whip
I chose to bake them in the oven. However frying them is also an option.
You could use just whipped topping or real whipped cream.
Absolutely ! The apple filling goes great with the cinnamon shell, however peaches sound great as well. You could basically fill the tacos with anything you'd like, Get creative.
Start by dipping tortilla into melted butter. Then coat with cinnamon graham cracker mixture. Place shells in upside down cupcake pan (as shown ). Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until they are crispy brown.
In a food processor put apples and cinnamon . Pulse a couple times to chop up apples. ( Hand chop if a food processor isn't available ).
In a mixing bowl with a hand mixer beat cream cheese , powdered sugar , vanilla extract. When mixture is smooth , fold in cool whip. Put in freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
Fill taco shells with cream cheese filling. Top with apple filling, caramel topping and additional whipped topping if wanted.
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Tacos
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 8 4 inch Flour Tortillas Cut out of 8 or 10 inch tortillas or street taco tortillas
- ¼ cup Butter Melted
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 8oz block Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1 cup Confectioners (Powdered Sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip Plus more for garnish
Apple Pie Topping
- 1 21 oz. can Apple Pie Topping
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Caramel Topping
- Additional Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400°
- Cut tortillas into 4 inch circles - Use a glass or large round cookie cutter
- Melt Butter -pour in pie pan or dish that tortillas can be dipped in
- Dip tortillas in Butter
- In a separate dish combine brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs -dip tortillas coating well .
- Fold between inverted cupcake pans - bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract with electric mixer on medium high. Fold in Cool Whip. Put in freezer for 10-15 minutes to allow to firm up.
- Apple Topping
- In a Food Processor pulse apple topping and cinnamon until apples are bite size.
- Spread cheesecake mixture into shells , top with apple topping
- Garnish with caramel topping and additional cool whip
- Serve and enjoy .
Leave a Reply