This quick and easy recipe is for The Best Peppermint Milkshake. It is the season for all things peppermint. So with just a few ingredients, you can throw together this frozen minty treat.
The Best Peppermint Shake
This Peppermint shake - is simple, quick and delicious! It is one of our favorite holiday treats! A cool drink made from vanilla ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and topped with whipped cream and crushed candy cane pieces! - Oh My ! I could drink this every day.
In the past, I probably would have gone to https://www.chick-fil-a.com or Friendly's to pick up a peppermint milkshake. However, now that I know how easy it is to grab the stuff at the grocery and whip it up in 5 minutes or less, it is so much quicker.
Remembering my past, making milkshakes at Friendlys or Frisch's was never my favorite thing to do. Now that I have a ninja blender though, its no trouble at all, it mixes up so quickly.
What is needed to make The Best Peppermint Milkshake?
- Vanilla Ice Cream- ( I use carbsmart by Breyers just because I need any help I can get)
- Milk (whole or 2%)
- Peppermint Extract
- Crushed Peppermint Candy (I used candy canes)
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
- Redi Whip or Whipped Cream
- Candy Cane for garnish (optional)
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
The Best Peppermint Milkshake
- 4-6 oz Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 oz Milk
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract More or less to taste
- 2 Candy Canes 1 crushed -1 for garnish
- 3-4 drops red food coloring optional for pink color
- Put 3-4 Scoops of Ice Cream in blender or Ninja
- Add 2 ounces of milk
- Add Peppermint -crushed candy and optional food coloring
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until desired consistency
- Top with whipping cream additional crushed candy and cherry -optional whole candy cane
- Enjoy your delicious creation