Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumb Print Cookies are so good, they are quick and easy to make. They would be great for a cookie exchange or an afternoon snack. You will think you are eating a PB&J sandwich.
Peanut Butter And Jelly Thumb Print Cookies
Is everyone as picky about their peanut butter and jelly as I am? Growing up I was never a fan of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich haha. However, I discovered that it was probably because we usually had cheap bread, random peanut butter, and grape jelly-yuck. After realizing if you use the right ingredients, it can be fantastic. My favorite is Jiff creamy peanut butter, Smucker's strawberry or raspberry jam and sunbeam or if you are from upstate NY, Strohman's white bread. Oh my! I love it.
When I came across this recipe for Peanut Butter And Jelly Thumb Print Cookies, it only seemed logical that the same rules would apply. Only the best ingredients could be used.
I have shared a couple of other cookie recipes in the past Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies and Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Both of them were delicious and now these PB&J cookies are just as good. They are great for an after school snack for the kids or to pack in their lunches. With the holidays coming up they will work great for a cookie exchange.
What Ingredients are needed to make Peanut Butter And Jelly Thumb Print Cookies?
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Softened Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Powdered Sugar (For Rolling)
- Vanilla Extract
- Jam (I used Strawberry)
How Do You Make these cookies :
Whisk dry ingredients together -set aside
Mix peanut butter and butter, add sugars, egg, and vanilla,, reduce the mixer speed -add dry ingredients
Scoop dough, form balls, roll in powdered sugar, place on an ungreased cookie sheet
Dough Balls Rolled in Powdered Sugar
Ready for the Jelly
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumb Print Cookies
- Electric Mixer
- 1 ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- ¾ cup peanut butter I use jiff
- ½ cup 1 stick softened butter
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar for rolling of dough balls
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup jam or jelly I use smuckers
- Preheat oven 350°- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (flour,baking powder, baking soda, and optional salt -set aside
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer -beat peanut butter and butter until smooth on medium speed. Add white granular sugar and brown sugar. beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla blend well. Reduce speed and add dry ingredients mix well
- Scoop level tablespoons of dough - roll in a ball - roll in powdered sugar - place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (parchment-lined will make easier)
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove under baked cookies from the oven. Make an indentation in the center with the handle of a wooden spoon or a dowl. return to oven for 6-7 minutes until golden brown - transfer to wire racks to cool completely
- Heat jam or jelly in the microwave for 45 -60 seconds -spoon ½ teaspoon jam into each cookie -serve
- Keep cookies for 5-7 days in an airtight container
Follow us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/WeDishItUp/
On Pinterest @https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/
On Instagram @https://www.instagram.com/wedishitup/
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Yum! I love these.
Store-bought are never as good as homemade. They're always a bit dry.
Can't wait to try these.
Fantastic, thanks for dropping by
Your cookies look awesome! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
Thank you so much , I really appreciate it
These look delicious! Thanks for sharing with us at the Snickerdoodle Link Party! This will be one of my features this Saturday - be sure to stop by!
Great thank you so much I definitely will