This Sugar Cookie Easter Egg With Fruit is so pretty and so delicious. This giant sugar cookie egg will go perfect on your Easter Brunch or Dinner Dessert table.
This Sugar Cookie Easter Egg with Fruit will be sitting on the dessert table this Easter. In addition, there will be Easter Peeps Cupcakes, Creamy Strawberry Lemon Pie, and Easy to Make Easter Bunny Butt Cake. Needless to say, there will be plenty of doggie bags to take home. We sure don't need all this deliciousness around my house.
Yes, absolutely. I used a kit that was specifically made to be an egg. However, you could make homemade dough, frozen dough, or boxed mix. If you don't have a stencil draw one with a piece of parchment paper.
You could use an alternate frosting, however, I find the cream cheese goes perfect with the fresh fruit.
Of course, I used berries, mandarin oranges, and bananas. Other great options are grapes, pineapple, kiwi, and mango. Feel free to choose your favorites.
How To Make Sugar Cookie Easter Egg With Fruit :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Sugar Cookie Mix or Roll of Sugar Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese
- Milk or Cream
- Blue Berriess
- Canned Mandarin Oranges - Drained Well
- Food Coloring ( I used purple)
Gather all the ingredients for Sugar Cookie Egg with Fruit.
Sugar Cookie Dough in process.
Rolling out Sugar Cookie Dough.
Roll out dough and shape to egg approximately 12 inches tall and 9 inches at its widest point. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350
Cream Cheese Frosting in process.
Colored the Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cookie out of the oven and cooled. Ready to frost.
Next frost the cookie.
Frosted Sugar Cookie
Top with your favorite fruit and serve.
Sugar Cookie Easter Egg With Fruit
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 box Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup Butter
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Soft Butter
- 1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp. Cream or Milk
- Food Coloring
- 8 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 8-10 Blue Berries
- 8-10 Mandarin Orange Slices
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350° (or as directed on the box)
- Make sugar cookie according to box instructions
- Roll dough out on a floured surface.
- Using an included paper stencil or one made out of parchment paper, cut dough with a sharp knife to be an egg. Approximately 12x9 inches. Flip over and bake on parchment paper on a cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together softened butter and cream cheese until smooth
- Slowly add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk or cream if needed.
- If frosting is desired consistency without milk dont put it in, If too thick add the milk or cream.
- Add food coloring - I used purple - use the color of choice.
- Slice fruit and decorate the cookie