These Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs are so cute and fun to make. Whether you are having a fun kids party or just feeding the kids before trick or treat. They are gonna love you for making these yummy dogs.
These mummy dogs will go perfect on your Halloween menu. Also add WITCHES BREW KID FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN PUNCH, Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes and Easy Halloween Frankenstein Rice Krispies (Krispy) Treats!.
Kids and adults a like will love these fun hot dogs baked inside refrigerator crescent rolls. Add a little and dip them in mustard or ketchup and you have a perfect lunch or dinner. If you are looking for side dishes that go well with the Mummy Dogs, try WW Friendly Air Fryer Potato Wedges or Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese.
Yes , Martha Stewart does a version made with puff pastry , or you could make your own dough. For Martha's recipe go here marthastewart.com/864509/mummy-dogs
If you don't have candy eyes, just use dots of mustard or ketchup.
I have never tried anything else, however I'm I have seen little smokie sausages or a Mett or Bratt would work fine I'm sure. If you try them let me know
How to Make Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs :
Ingredients Needed :
- Hot Dogs
- Cheese ( I used American)
- Crescent Rolls
- Candy Eyes
Gather the ingredients for your Mummy Dogs.
Roll the crescent rolls out flat.
Next, cut the crescent rolls into strips.
Now cut each slices of cheese into 4 strips.
Lay a strip of the cheese on the hot dog and wrap dough strips around the dog. Leave spaces so hot dog shoes through and room for eyes.
With cheese side down put dogs in oven on a baking sheet. ( I lined with parchment to prevent sticking.) Spray dogs with food spray or brush with butter to help with browning. Bake for 12-15 minutes in oven set at 375 .
After removing from oven , use a dot of mustard to adhere eyes. Serve with mustard and ketchup or dipping sauce of choice.
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy:
Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 1 roll Crescent Rolls
- 2 slices Cheese I used American
- 8 Candy Eyes
- ½ cup Mustard
- ½ cup Ketchup
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375°
- Gather ingredients for Mummy Dogs
- Roll crescent rolls out flat
- Cut crescent rolls in strips
- Cheese cut in fourths
- Place cheese strip on hot dog and wrap crescent roll strips around dogs. Leave some spaces for hot dog to show through and leave area to place eyes.
- Place dogs cheese side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray dough with cooking spray or brush with butter . Helps with browning.
- Remove from oven. Use 2 dots of mustard on each hot dog to add eyes. Serve with mustard and ketchup or dippinf sauce of choice.