This Poolside Pina-Colada is excellent. With frozen pineapple, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and malibu rum all blended together. Whether you are at the poolside or in your living room, you will love it.
Although it is a little early for having drinks at the pool, a girl can dream. Normally I am not a pina colada drinker. My drink of choice is anything with tequila-The Best Skinny Jalapeno Margarita, Skinny Blackberry Margarita are both delicious. Have you tried them? However, I happened to have some malibu rum and some frozen pineapple on hand. Therefore, thought I would see what I could whip up.
So if you are like me, you have probably been daydreaming about hot summer days and nights.it will probably be another month or so before it is warm enough here in Ohio to open my pool. Praying that life will be back to normal by then. I guess probably our new normal will never be the same.
What is a Pina Colada?-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi%C3%B1a_colada
The piña colada is a sweet cocktail made with rum, cream of coconut or coconut milk, and pineapple juice, usually served either blended or shaken with ice. It may be garnished with either a pineapple wedge, maraschino cherry, or both.
Mixing the Drink
How to Make the Poolside Pina-Colada :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Frozen Pineapple
- Pineapple Juice
- Cream of Coconut
- Fresh Pineapple
- Whip Cream
- Straw and Umbrella (optional)
- In a blender or food processor - blend frozen pineapple,ice,rum, cream of cocoa
- Pour into glass
- Garnish with fresh pineapple, whip cream, cherry, umbrella and straw
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 cup Frozen diced pineapple
- 4 oz Pineapple juice
- 4 oz Rum I used Malibu
- 2 oz Cream of coconut
- Whip cream or Redi-whip garnish
- 2 Maraschino cherries garnish
- In a blender add ice, frozen pineapple, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and -blend until desired consistency
- Pour into 2 glasses -top with whip cream, cherry, straw and an umbrella (optional)
- Grab a lounge chair and enjoy
Follow me on Pinterest @https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/