This Turkey Pot Pie is super easy to make. With frozen pie crust, leftover chopped turkey, some canned vegetables and a can of cream of chicken soup. The ultimate comfort food and you will love it.
It's not a secret that we love comfort food around here. Actually I love comfort food because the hubby is still going strong on keto and most of these meals don't qualify. This Turkey Pot Pie recipe fits in that category As well as,.Easy Shepherds Pie, Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, and INSTANT POT MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST all being some of my favorites.
If someone would have told me a few years ago that I would be making homemade (sorta) pot pie, I would have said why when there is Marie Calendars. It has been so much fun finding all the great recipes on Pinterest or other bloggers' posts. Do you love Pinterest as much as I do? Please follow me @https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/ . There are some really great recipes on my boards.
Normally Chicken pot pie probably would be my first choice. However since we had leftover turkey from Christmas, we went with turkey. Not being able to decide what to use for the crust, looking at crescent rolls, biscuits and finally deciding on frozen pie crust.
You will be surprised how easy it is to throw this Turkey Pot Pie together. So let me share this easy and delicious recipe.
How To Make Turkey Pot Pie :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Frozen Pie Crust
- Chopped or Shredded Turkey
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Canned Corn
- Peas (canned)
- Canned or Fresh Carrots
- Poultry Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Thaw Pie Crusts
- In a Mixing Bowl - Combine - Turkey, Soup, Corn, Peas, Carrots
- Stir in Poultry Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
- Scoop Mixture into Bottom Crust
- Lay Top Crust Over Turkey Mixture- Crimp Edges With Fork - Use Knife To Make X in Top Of Crust
- Put Pie on A Cookie Sheet To Catch Any Over Flow
Ingredients for Turkey Pot PIe
Filling the Pie
Going In The Oven
Out of the Oven
Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 Pie Crusts I used frozen
- 2-3 Cups Shredded or Diced Turkey
- 3 Cups Mixed Veggies Pre-mixed can be used - I mixed them myself because that's what I had (corn, peas, carrots)
- 1 Can Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- Preheat Oven 425°
- Thaw Pie Crust -lay top crust out flat-set aside
- In a mixing bowl - mix turkey, vegetables, cream of chicken soup - if too dry add milk or cream until mixture is creamy and desired consistency -
- Mix in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper
- Scoop filling into the bottom crust
- Carefully lay top crust over the filling - crimp edges with a fork making sure it is sealed well
- With a knife make slits in an X in the center of crust
- If you would like the crust to be nice and brown -egg wash can be used on top crust- I didn't think to use it and mine wasn't as brown as I would have liked.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet to catch any bubbling over
- Put the pan on the bottom rack of the oven and back for 30-35 minutes until center is bubbly hot
- Cool 10-15 minutes before cutting