Southwest Chicken Salad is a fantastic blend of greens, veggies, corn, black beans, grilled chicken, and a zesty salsa ranch. What's not to love?
I love making large salads for lunch and even sometimes a light dinner. This Southwest Chicken Salad is one of my favorites because it is made with grilled chicken. It is packed with fresh veggies and the corn and black beans give it a little Mexican twist. So Yummy. However, if this doesn't look like your thing you may like Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe or Chicken Apple Pecan Salad. If you aren't in the mood for chicken, Easy To Make Steak Salad is also a great option.
Yes, rotisserie chicken or frozen pre-cooked breast or strips are good options.
I love the mixture of salsa and ranch. However, if you don't like it, cilantro lime dressing is a great option.
If you keep the dressing separately the salad will keep in an airtight plastic container or glass jar.
Absolutely,if you prefer thighs they would work fine.
How to Make a Southwest Chicken Salad :
- Red Onion
- Green Peppers
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Black Beans
- Grilled Chicken
- Fajita or Taco Seasoning (Chili Powder, garlic, black pepper,)
- Salsa Ranch Dressing
- Tortilla Strips
- Limes for Garnish
- Sour Cream
If you are looking for a great Cilantro Lime Recipe, check this one out https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/cilantro-lime-dressing/
Ingredients ready for Southwest Chicken Salad.
Season the chicken and get ready to grill or air fry.
Chicken going into the air fryer.
Grilled chicken is ready for the salad.
Salad ready to add chicken.
Add chicken, sour cream, tortilla strips. Ready to serve.
Great Sides That Will Go Great With The Salad :
- Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Garlic Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Queso Soup (Low Carb Keto Friendly ) Instant Pot
Southwest Chicken Salad
- Air Fryer
- Cutting Board
- 6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken
- 4 cups Lettuce
- ½ Green Pepper
- ½ Tomato
- 3 Slices Red Onion
- ⅓ cup Corn
- ⅓ cup Black Beans
- ⅓ cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- 3 oz Sour Cream
Seasoning For Chicken
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro
- 1 Lime
Salsa Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup Salsa
- Chop Lettuce
- Chop and slice vegetables
- Grate Pepper Jack Cheese
- Arrange lettuce and vegetables in bowl or on plate
- Add cheese, corn and black beans
- Combine all ingredients or store bought fajita seasoning can be used.
- Squeeze lime juice on chicken
- Rub or sprinkle seasoning on chicken.
- In foil lined basket or tray- sprayed with non stick spray.
- Air Fry chicken at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°
- Cool chicken and dice.
- I used tenderloins, if using breast longer cooking time will be needed.
- Add Chicken to top of salad
- Place slice onions, sour cream and tortilla strips on salad
- Garnish with lime wedges
- Serve dressing on the side.
Salsa Ranch Dressing
- Mix ranch and salsa and serve on the side. Refrigerate unused dressing.