How to Make Red Velvet Mug Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting is the focus of this post. If you have just a few minutes and a few simple ingredients , we are all set.
Mug cakes are perfect if you want something sweet but don't want to make something big. If you are making dessert for the whole family Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie or The Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Filled Cupcakes : are perfect. However, a quick dessert for one this is perfect .
How to Make Red Velvet Mug Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting :
Ingredients Needed :
- Butter Milk
- Food Coloring
- Granulated Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
Cream Cheese Frosting :
- Butter (softened)
- Cream Cheese (softened )
- Milk or Cream
- White Chocolate Chips
What Kind of Mug Should I Use ?
Basically any cup or dish that is microwaveable and will fit all ingredients. You should have enough room to be able to mix ingredients and have room for expansion when it cooks.
How to Serve Mug Cake -
It is easiest to eat the cake straight out of the mug , however if you spray the mug with food release before you make the cake in it, you should be able to remove it . To do so , take a butter knife and go around the outside of cake and it should slide out . It can be cut in half if you want to share.
If you are looking for other mug cake recipes check out tablefortwoblog.com there are several great recipes there.
Red Velvet Mug Cake
- ¼ cup Butter Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 3-4 drops Red Gel Food Coloring
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Tbsp. Butter Softened
- 2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese Softened
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp. Milk or Cream
- Sprinkles Optional
- White Chocolate Chips Optional
- Spray mug with food release (if you want to remove cake ) add wet ingredients to mug -buttermilk, egg, and food coloring
- Next add sugar, cocoa and salt whisk together with fork until smooth. Fold in flour
- Heat full power in microwave for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds depending on power of your oven . Tooth pick should come out dry
- Cool before frosting - Hurry process up by popping in freezer or refrigerator
- In separate mug or bowl mix the butter and cream cheese with a fork , slowly add sugar and milk if needed
- Spoon or pipe on to cake
- Add Sprinkles or chocolate chips as desired