This Homemade Fresh Cherry Muffin Recipe is perfect. They start with fresh sweet cherries in a homemade sweet batter. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon or evening snack.
I'm pretty sure everyone loves muffins, right? Cherries are one of my favorite fruits. If you have been following me for long, you probably have noticed that I make a lot of things with cherries. Here are just a few that I am sure you will love Easy Cherry Coke Cupcakes From Box Mix Recipe, Easy Delicious Cherry Cheesecake Party Dip or The Best No -Bake Cherry Cheesecake. If you want to try another flavor muffin Cranberry Orange Muffins are great.
I would think they would still be good made with canned cherries, however, there is nothing like fresh cherries.
They will last 3 or 4 days in an airtight container on the counter .
I froze them and they came out fine. I took them out of the freezer about an hour before serving.
This comes down to personal preference I think. Sometimes I use them sometimes I just spray the muffin pan well to make sure they don't stick.
How to Make Homemade Fresh Cherry Muffins :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Butter (melted and cooled)
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Sweet Fresh Cherries
Gather the ingredients for your Cherry Muffins. Lets get started.
Whisk together dry ingredients. ( Flour and baking powder)
Mix together melted butter and brown sugar.
Mix in the eggs . Blend well .
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet .Stir until well blended.
Fold cherries into the batter.
Scoop batter into sprayed or greased muffin pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done in the middle.
When Muffins are done. Cool on cooling rack until ready to serve.
Cherry muffins are ready to serve.
Muffins with butter and ready to eat.
Looking for Other Great Recipes ?
Other Muffin Recipes :
Homemade Fresh Cherry Muffin Recipe
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ cup Butter melted and cooled
- 1.5 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Sweet Cherries pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 400° - Pit and slice cherries
- Gather all your ingredients
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour and baking powder)
- In a separate bowl combine melted cooled butter and brown sugar.
- When well combined , add in eggs and vanilla extract
- Stir in the buttermilk
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients
- Stir in cherries
- Using a scoop ,fill well greased muffin pan or liners (optional sugar sprinkled on top)
- Bake at 400°for 12-16 minutes
- Remove from oven ,when done in the middle. let sit for 5 minutes
- Cool on cooling rack